The farmer’s watch brings to you a year guide to proper planning, projections, and gathering of information required for a successful farming season.
The Farmer’s Watch Steps For a Successful Farming Season
1) Identify the land to be used for crop production so as to avoid disaster
2) Conduct a field assessment putting into consideration various risk factors and production factors such as good road network, nearness to market, accessibility of input supplies
3) Conduct a soil test for nutrient and soil borne pathogens
4) Invite an agronomist to assist with the interpretation of results and best practices for effective outcome.
5) Decide on which crop to grow based on the soil test result.
6) Design a project implementation plan to guide you and your workers throughout the production cycle.
Don’t Forget To Keep Farm Records